About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

1.5.08

Double, double toil and trouble...

Do not adjust your monitor, you are seeing double! It's just my knitting--I thought it would make an interesting image this morning. This is what happens when you have too many needles in your bag after you do your swatch and grab the wrong needle anyway (those dang gauge demons!). Knitting is lovelier the second time around...it's early, no apology for the bad play on words. I'm knitting the new from the old. It's probably not the proper technique, but what a drag to wind as I spliced the yarn as I added new yarn, and it would be one mother of a skein! I still have to swatch the cotton cardigan. I'd like to get that going before the trip so I can work on it on the flight and the train.
Last night Ben received his Eagle scholarship from the council. There were 10 scouts all together, and the scholarship recipients performed the flag ceremony. Ben was calling it (there were over 300 at the Gathering of Eagles dinner. It's becoming quite an event). The flag was the backdrop behind the podium and he was having a Patton moment thinking, "This is cool!" What a great way to come full-circle as a youth in scouting, as last year's Outstanding Eagle Scout and this year earning a scholarship. He knows a quite a few of the other recipients and this year's Outstanding Eagle. A fine group of young men.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Very Patton-esque! We're lucky to have good kids.

It looks like your vest has a Mini Me. You will be a pro at that chart by the time you are done.

Deborah said...

No kidding. I haven't worked on it today. My hands needed a break. Yes, we are lucky. They are nice kids. Maybe they'll meet sometime...

Joanne said...

CONGRATULATIONS Ben! Good Job!