About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

29.5.08

Auf Wiedersehen!

Well, there you have it. I hugged the trees and said good-bye. Jim started to split the wood from the trees by the dining room and I wheeled them back to the woodpile. The critters were enjoying the beasties in the rotted parts of the stumps. We watched the squirrels and chipmunks pop in and out of the remnants in the front yard.
Now back to knitting. The cotton cardi is coming along, although I can't imagine I'll have enough
yarn. I may have the gals hold a skein for me. It's going faster not having to knit 199 stitches!! Using the two skeins is worth the hassle. The color is really pretty. If I decide to put a button closure (just one really great button), I'll choose something blue. The yellow is overpowering to me, but then I think it bugs me because my mom loved me in yellow at Easter when I was little. The cord is still kinky (yes, I know how to fix it, but I haven't--yet), so the knitting isn't flat in the photo. I will definitely knit this again, but the next time I'll use a solid color.
Today I'm meeting Kathy at Starbucks. I don't know when we'll have another chance. After today we'll be getting ready for our trips!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

That is so sad. I hate to see those big trees come down. Your yard must look so different.

You're flying on the cardigan. Maybe if we can get together one more time before our trips, you can show it off for me.

Deborah said...

It is a bit brighter in the kitchen, but I'll miss them in the fall. Oh yes! We have to have a little Bon Voyage coffee!