About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

29.11.08

Elf knitting

I whipped up some cranberry apple crisp on Wednesday evening. I love this recipe and I like dried cranberries in it. It's pictured right before I popped it in the oven.
Now that Thanksgiving's over, it's time to go into Elf mode. I made two pair of bed socks for a couple of Ben's buddies, and have one and a half pair of fingerless mitts done for the girls going back to college tomorrow. Yes, it's almost time for my baby to go back. We've had a nice visit. He's putting up his tree right now because he won't be back until right before Christmas.
St. Brigid's on the back burner (no pun intended) until I get the mitts done. I've also got some cottage socks started for my MIL and SIL in Ohio. Those will be nice to work on when I have some time at work (LOL--not likely!).
Time to get back to laundry and knitting!!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like you're doing some speed knitting! I kind of like the little projects this time of year. They're always such practical items.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving with Ben. Won't be long before they're back for Christmas.

Margie said...

Deborah, I love the idea of Elf mode, I imagine you in your little hat and waistcoat busy in the workshop (yes I know my mind works in a strange way)..singing a christmas song and eating gingerbread (sorry mind working overtime now). Good luck with all the knitting. I have a few projects on the go now too, hopefully done by the holidays. hugs Margie.

Deborah said...

I did have a cup of coffee and a couple of Digestives earlier, does that count? Good to hear from you!

Melmaid said...

Hi Deborah, cranberry apple crisp sounds lovely, definitely something I would like. The socks and mittens are really nice. Margie is knitting me something special too. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Christmas is only round the corner now, what are you planning for the holidays? - Mel