About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

12.11.08

First snow

Even though we've had a few flakes this month, this is (by my definition) our first snow. It's so pretty on the trees. Last night the road looked very slick. I'm glad I stayed in!
Well, the little snow ghosts wanted to be outside for a photo. I read their minds because they don't have mouths. Looking at the photo I believe they need another felting session.
I'm still plugging away on St. Brigid. I had to do another chart repeat on the back to get the proper length. With this in mind, I'm sure I'll have to add a bit to the sleeve length, too. My stitch gauge is spot on. It would be nice to see Ms. Starmore's actual sweater. Her gauge is very difficult to achieve. I found another knitter on Ravelry that did the same thing with the chart. I have the extra yarn, why not?
Yesterday I
had a go-through-the-closet-and-dresser afternoon and have two big bags for Goodwill in addition to some items in the garage. It feels good to de-clutter...(As she looks around her work room at the fiber stash, photos, art supplies, and paper work.)...of course, everything in here is creatively contained.

4 comments:

Margie said...

Hey Deborah, those snow ghosts are so cute. Do you know the story of St. Brigid. It comes to mind when I hear of your struggle with the knitting. St. Brigids father was a chieftain who promised her when she became a nun that he would give her as much land as her cloak could cover to build her church. Well her cloak spread over the whole of county kildare and she had lots left over after building the church. Good luck with the knitting. hugs Margie.

Deborah said...

Love the story of St. Brigid! The sweater pattern is aptly named.

Kathy said...

It was actually kind of pretty yesterday morning, in a sad got-a-lot-of-winter-ahead-of-us way. I like your Amish snowmen.

Margie said...

I am giving you an award as you inspire me and I would like to show my appreciation. Please check out Margie's Crafts. hugs Margie.