About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

3.11.08

Let there be sleeves!

It's time to sing my favorite chorus--Knitting in the sleeves, knitting in the sleeves, I am so rejoicing, knitting innnn the sleeeeves! I'm going strong on St. Brigid's sleeves. Kathy and I had coffee on Friday and she had her sweater with her. Lovely! Using the DK weight yarn was a good choice for me. The sweater will be big, but not overly warm to wear inside. I'm so excited about this project and can't wait to wear it. I'm glad we have a warm spell right now. Good time to knit!
Halloween is over and now it's time to think about winter. I'm looking for goodies to knit my buddies and I think I've got some nice patterns to choose from. The cap I designed for Ben needs to have a final revision before I give it to Cheryl for the shop. I've drug my heels a bit on designing.
I demonstrated spinning at the church bazaar on Saturday. That was fun as usual. The Cormo/silk blend is spinning up like a dream and I love the nubby noils popping through. I have to check the WPI, but it looks so far like a light worsted weight. We rang bells in church yesterday for the first time this fall. We rock!
Today I have my morning class and help night. It's a lovely day and I've got to get my house in order. It's a bit of a disaster with all the decorations down. Ugh! Halloweentown can stay up for a couple more days.

No comments: