About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

3.9.08

Busy weekend

03.09.08 I got a call from my son this morning. Everything is going well. He's got his first classes this morning and will be done before 2. It was good to hear his voice. I already have stuff for another goody box ready. The only way I can describe how I feel is that I've been temporarily laid off from a really good job after 18 years. Now it's time to get down to getting the house back in order, which translates to working on the basement and Ben's room.
I have two rows done on St. Brigid. It seems silly to take a photo at this point. Row three begins the cables, which I need to sit for awhile and work on that. Today's cool and gorgeous, so I'll wait till the shade hits the deck and sit outside this afternoon.
07.09.08 It's Sunday and the last day of the knitting retreat. It was fun and the weather was just beautiful! We sat outside most of the day and the house sits by the 18th hole of a golf course. We enjoyed watching the groups of golfers. They were pretty surprised to see all those women knitting and watching them golf that last hole! I spun the roving Joanne sent me last year. It's just lovely and everyone went ga-ga over the colors. They wanted to know what I was going to knit, but I had to wait and see the yardage. Turns out I have 204 yards. Not bad. On Saturday afternoon a few of us went into town and visited the LYS. The gal is a spinner, too and is very nice. She remembers us and let us have some seeds from her hollyhocks. Her garden is nice and I took some photos. The shop is a cabin and I think she lives there. It's a neat place to visit. I found a pattern for a Fair Isle bolero. I'll be able to use some scraps for the color work. I had to get home in time for class and now I'm beginning to fade. Time to put on my jammies and have some cocoa.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Looks like a gorgeous place! I know you enjoyed it. Have you posted a picture of your yarn anywhere??