About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

30.3.08

Seeing red, but not that cardigan!

Well, I bit the bullet and frogged back the shoulders and collar of the red cardigan. I didn't think it was worth it. Now I'm back to searching through my books for a suitable substitute for the yarn. It's gorgeous Skye Tweed by Classic Elite, which I believe they don't make anymore...too bad, so sad.
Sock Monkey and I found a pattern that will do the yarn justice. It's the Clock Vest on pages 13-19 in Folk Vests, by Cheryl Oberle. I'm now to the first row of the chart on the center back. So far, so good. A friend knitted this and it is really pretty. This will satisfy my cable lust and still have some easy knitting between motifs.
It's snowing like mad outside. I had a spring dress on yesterday. I wore the Circles and Bobbles to work today. Wow, every time I look up, th
e snowfall is really getting heavy.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hey, I think I made that vest. It sounds familiar. That was a fun project.

The snow's kind of a bummer isn't it? Must have Spring...

Deborah said...

I'll probably have to take a look at yours again, too! I remember that it was a really nice pattern.