You'd think after all the years I've been knitting I'd know how to read the flippin' chart! No wonder I kept having to frog. I didn't pay attention to the placement of the beginning of the sleeve chart. Now it works. Cripes! I can't believe I went blank on this one for SO long. The photo isn't very clear, but the line up the middle of the charts indicates the center of the sleeve and the body. There are separate markings for the sleeve and body beginning. I was looking at the increases indicated on the chart for the sleeve. No wonder the design wasn't lining up. Heaven forbid I make it EASY. It's going better, and I don't think the bits and pieces of yarn are worse for wear.