About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

7.3.08

S l o w motion knitting

I swear, knitting this sleeve is like watching paint dry. The trick is to center the design while increasing at the same time. It throws off the design. In the end I know it'll be worth all the grumbling. Lite Lopi is nice yarn and I love the warmth as well as the price (not to mention the fact that it doesn't pill like some wool AND it gets better the more it's washed), however, it's not the best when working and re-working Fair Isle. *The fabric also looks terrible until it's blocked. I found some really thin spots in the yarn (all the colors) and had to splice a few times to strengthen the yarn. Slowly but surely, it's getting there!
*I made a shop sample the past year, which looked horrible until it was wet blocked. Now it's gorgeous, and I've had a couple of students make the same sweater.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Stick with it. It looks great. Don't be tempted to lop off one of your arms to save doing another sleeve. You'll need it for some more knitting later!