About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

9.1.09

Catch up (do you want fries with that?)

I'm actually home today and because I'm in front of the 'puter, I'm not getting anything done! I've decided to make St. B.'s underarm seam a bit smoother--no frogging for me! It just needed to sit for a few days. I'll probably do the neckband cable again. I don't like the seam and I think in my rush to finish I went beyond 8 rows on a cable or two--grrr...
I like the way you block a tam on the dinner plate! Look closely at my photo, you can see my cool new glasses!
In the meantime, I finished the Aran Tam from One Skein WondeIrs. I'd never used Berroco's Ultra Alpaca. It's a dream to knit with, and is so soft on the head. No scratching! I love my little pom pom. The one in the book is too big and looks sloppy. There is a mistake in the chart on rows 7 and 8. It's easy to correct and I had no problems with the pattern.
Kilimanjaro is progressing (I didn't think about all the ends to weave when it's done--as usual I was seduced by the colors!).
We're supposed to get snow today. I just saw a flake float by! Better get some more firewood! I'll miss Friendship Friday today. Angelika has errands and Jim is involving me in Gray Wolf. Since I don't have my scout shirt anymore I have to wear his XL and it needs to be tucked in--that should be interesting!

No comments: