About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

1.11.10

Road trip and knitting

We had a whirlwind weekend with Ben.  The men and women won their swim meet against Hope College.  As always, it's fun to watch the competition.  We had time to go to the outlet mall and I got a new rain jacket for camping, and we stocked up on some Ghiradelli chocolate squares and bars.  Early Sunday morning, we picked up Ben and went into town to have breakfast at Frank's Diner.  What a fun place, and the food was great.  The staff was dressed for Halloween, which added to the atmosphere.  I got quite a bit of knitting done during the six-hour drive and the waiting between events.  The little slippers were quick to knit and not nearly as fiddly as I imagined.  After I finished the sampler scarf and then the slippers, I started a pair of the mittens.  I'll use gray for the hand to play against the bright colors.  The projects have proved to be excellent examples of stash-busting projects.  I can't believe how little yarn they take!  November is going to be a busy month for me.  My classes shift into gear and I'm excited to be teaching more classes.  Finishing the samples from Kristin Nicholas' new book will help promote classes for after the first of the year.  (Oh my, Christmas is just around the corner!)
Sunrise--Lake Michigan
Staff at Frank's--Dolly Parton, Ninja, and Prisoner
Breakfast--note the sundae (lower right) one of the staff was having for breakfast!
Frank's Diner
Eevee was very happy to be home again.  She looks so pretty (she had a bath) and I'd trimmed her legs and feet before I dropped her off.  She's glued to her bed right now.  She also enjoyed seeing the Trick-or-Treaters last night.  We had mostly really little ones.  So cute!  Lots of Buzz Lightyear made an appearance, Snow Whites, princesses, animals, and Ninjas.  It's always fun.  We have some candy left--I always make sure to get candy I like.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

What a beautiful scarf! Is that from leftover bits? Because that is a very lovely way to use those pesky small balls that seem to never go away :)

Deborah said...

Thank you! Yes, those are my Cascade 220 oddments. I have lots more! The slippers are so fun to make, too!

Joanne said...

What great projects! I really like how they turned out. I am really glad that you were able to go see Ben and that looks like a great diner.