About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

17.12.07

MMMMMmmmmm...cookies!

Little spinner in the snow village.

It's that time--time to bake cookies! I've made the cranberry chunk, old school peanut blossoms (with stars, not kisses), and chocolate bar cookies. Tomorrow I'll do the cut outs. I want to include gingerbread people this year. The house smells soooo good.
If you look closely, you can see the shep
herd and sheep ornaments. The tree is so pretty and the stump will make a nice Santa this year.
Now all I have to do is finish the laundry! I finished a pair of socks for Jim and Ben's mittens. (I didn't take photos before I wrapped them.) One of Ben's mittens felted shut, which really ticked me off. I took a scissors and 20 minutes of carefully slicing to open the mitten. They look wonderful and you'd never know I had problems with one of them.
The boys took third place overall in the invitational swim meet over the weekend. Ben got third in the 100 breaststroke and was part of the 200 medley relay that took second. It was really fun to see how excited they were--you'd have thought they took first place.
I'm still stitching together the Faye. I got bogged down finishing gifts for the boys. Now I have to start Jim's other gift. I found a great hat pattern for Ben and will alter it by adding ear flaps.
I'm done at work for a couple of weeks, and now I can relax and knit for fun, and bake, and read, and sip cocoa in front of the fire, and knit some more...

No comments: