About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

13.11.07

Silver Belle morphs into Faye

Yes, it's true. I frogged the Silver Belle and re-visited my books to find a cable project I'd enjoy. I found Faye in Mission Falls Decade. It's fun to knit, and I'm already past the armhole shaping for the back. No photos, yet. The Cascade 220 is so soft and the color is perfect. I know I'll get more wear out of this sweater. The Silver Belle peplum was pretty, but I had the nagging feeling that I wasn't going to like fit of the sweater on me. Besides, the darned diagonal edges were making me crazy. I kept messing up. Sometimes the easiest things trip up the most experienced knitters. I've finished my boot toppers and am patiently waiting for my boots to arrive from LLBean.
Vintage turkey copyright free clip art

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Bummer. Did you have quite a bit of it finished? You'll find something you like better. I have a couple of good cable books. Would you like me to bring them the next time we get together? By the way, we should do that soon.

Kathy said...

Duh! I just re-read your post--now that I'm awake. You've already started that beautiful cardigan, Faye. That's one you've had in mind for awhile. Can't wait to see it.

Deborah said...

I'm excited about Faye. It's gorgeous and really easy/fast to knit. The back's almost done.