About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

6.11.07

Last leaves of fall...

The wind really blew hard yesterday and there are leaves everywhere. I'm surprised that some actually hung on this long. I always pick up pretty ones and sometimes paint them or press them. I didn't have time to do a painting, so I played with photoshop. I rather like the result. The colors are so pretty and I'd LOVE to do a sweater (riiight--like I need another project on the needles!). The scarf in the photo is one I purchased at Morning Break a couple of weeks ago. Mindy from 10,000 Villages brought goodies from the store on Grand Avenue. She always brings a basket full of knitted finger puppets, which I love. I use them as "finial gloves" on my spinning wheel lamp in my office. Right now I have a bat on there--the llamas are my favorites. Anyway, the scarf is really fine, lightweight wool and has beautiful colors in it.
I'm going to fix a cup of cocoa and work on my second boot cuff.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I haven't had a chance to look at the Kristin Knits book. Are the boot toppers just for show? I've never seen anything like that before. Cute.

I saw something the other day that reminded me of your cape. Follow this link and let me know what you think--hey that rhymes: http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/VK25CapeAD.html

Deborah said...

Yes, the boot toppers are just for show. As soon as I get my (new boots) order from LL Bean, I'll wear them. Great use of leftover yarn, huh?

Joanne said...

Thanks for the FALL colors! You know how much I miss them. We have had a warm fall, so not much color on our trees this year. Actually, their are still lots of leaves on the trees!