About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

10.10.10

Indian Summer

This has been quite an unusual week with temperatures in the 70s and now 80s!  The breeze is nice and the skies are clear blue, which makes for a nice background for the fall colors.
Yesterday we had a lovely day of "museuming."  My brother and sister-in-law are visiting from Texas, and we loaded Mom and her wheelchair into the car and visited two museums--theMuseum of Russian Art and the MIA.  I'd not taken the time to go to the MORA and it was wonderful to see such a gem!  The current exhibit features paintings by Vasili Nechitailo.  He's a master of capturing light and his expressive brushwork add dimension to his paintings.  Downstairs there was a textile room and on display were beautiful distaffs and peasant clothing and lovely embroidered linens.  A visual feast!  The shop was very nice and I bought a few pins to brighten up my sweaters. 

Today (Saturday) I spent the day spinning at the shop.  It was just like the old days in Texas.  It was fun to sit outside, spin, visit, and laugh!  I finished a small skein of pencil roving and it will be a perfect addition of color to a plain cap.  I have lots of plain wool spun into yarn and it's always nice to have some color added.  MiniD and Jojo kept us company.  Earlier in the week, I got a call that Jody would not be able to teach the beginning spinning class.  I will now be the teacher and I am so excited for the opportunity to teach spinning in addition to knitting. 

1 comment:

Joanne said...

So glad that you all could enjoy the museum. Spinning! Yippeeeee! CONGRATS on being the new beginner teacher. That's great. I also see the wheel, that won the ribbon at the state fair. That is too cool that you actually were able to meet the owner. :)