About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

3.9.10

The times they are a changin'

23.08.10  Trite, I know, but true.  Just like the weather and the seasons, the only thing constant is change.  The change for me is a new opportunity, or rather the revival of an old one!
As of today, I am no longer an employee of the shop.  Nothing bad, just a change for them and for me.  I took the time during the summer to spin and think, spin, knit, and think some more--leading me to the conclusion that I need to re-visit what I started in Texas.  I accomplished so much artistically in the three years we lived there.
I'll be teaching at a shop called Shepherd's Choice and it's in a great town by the Mississippi River.  I've known the owner for some time and she's quite the fiber artist.  I'm going to focus on advanced knitting, felting, and hopefully drop spindling and art yarn.  My brain's been busy with ideas swimming around and I'm excited about the possibilities!  Now I just need to see if others are inspired my enthusiasm to push themselves creatively!
I bought yarn for an intarsia project from the current issue of Interweave Knits.  I'm not doing a sweater initially.  That is difficult for me, as I LOVE sweaters!  The Spud & Chloe yarn is gorgeous--the colors are lush, it's soft, and it's superwash.
02.09.10  Ben is settled back at college.  I'm glad we were able to get him there early because today it's storming.  He has the room to himself for a few days, so he can get all set up before his roommate comes back.  The guys were headed to town for $5 all-you-can-eat pizza last night.
03.09.10  It's a glorious day in my world.  windy and cool.  It's cloudy, but that's fine.  Sweater weather today!  I have the door open and the wind sounds wonderful.  My sister and I always loved the sound of the wind on Pop's farm.  It blocks out the traffic noise today.  Nice!
I finished the hat and re-named it.  It was a bit too large for me (I knitted to gauge and followed the measurements in the pattern), so I put a toe into the frog pond and started the decreases after the last purl row.  Now it's just right.  I liked the tab facing the back, and layered a couple of buttons from my stash for the finishing touch!  The color and fuzziness remind me of an edelweiss flower.


4 comments:

Joanne said...

I am so excited to see what you come up with for your new endeavor!
The hat is gorgeous! What a great pattern and your button technique is great! Layering 2 buttons to make one, great idea.

Joanne said...

I am so excited to see what you come up with for your new endeavor!
The hat is gorgeous! What a great pattern and your button technique is great! Layering 2 buttons to make one, great idea.

Kathy said...

Sounds like some big changes ahead. Good for you!

We'll have to get together soon to catch up after a whirlwind summer. Where did the time go?

Margie said...

Deborah your work is so beautiful, exquisite, and it does look like an edelweiss. Sorry I have not been to visit much. I have missed catching up. My sisters, daughter, husband and I have been busy planning, preparing and creating for workshops and a shop. It is not finalised yet but we have put a lot of energy in to it. Hugs, Margie.