About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

19.8.10

Knitting up the loose ends

September is fast approaching and I'm working on knitting up my loose ends.  This morning I finished Hugs and Kisses for JoanneIt turned out very cute.  Joanne's pattern has well-written instructions and was clear and easy to follow.  I chose brown and red tweed because I like them and the tweed yarn was perfect for this project.  It's machine-washable, which is really nice for infant's garments.  The 6-month size fits Woody Bear nicely and he didn't mind posing in a girl's outfit, because he liked the colors.  
Ben will be finished with camp early next week, we have tickets for the State Fair, and then it will be time to take him back to school.  All this postpones the rest of our kitchen refresh.  The countertops, sink, and faucet are in--very nice!  The granite looks so different!  Now I can hardly wait for the cupboards to be refinished and the new pulls mounted on the doors and drawers.  In the meantime, we'll be shopping around for flooring.  Of course, all this change means I'll have to repaint.  Now the wall color doesn't match the countertop!
It's been a busy summer in spite of my being laid off from the shop.  I've done a lot of spinning, which I've missed and also had time to think about what's next for me.  I enjoy being active in Scouting, I'm working on my last Wood Badge ticket, artistically I could be doing much more.  I have so many ideas and projects I want to do and I've been looking for an outlet, which I believe I've found. More about that soon...
It's time to get back to work.  I can see some boys playing in the distance--long sticks are involved--that usually doesn't end well, but it's fun!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hey stranger! Cute knit, and the kitchen progress looks good. It's got to be tough to have the kitchen out of commission. Guess you have to go out to eat!!

Once we get these guys back to college, we'll have to get together and catch up.

Joanne said...

I love the colors you chose for the poncho and hat. You did a great job knitting!

Your kitchen is sounding wonderful. Love that countertop!