About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

16.4.09

Catch of the Day


Spring is official--I hear a lawn mower! I couldn't resist knitting this hat. The pattern is from Winter 2008 Knitty. Carol knit one for a friend that's at the shop, but it's going to be a gift later, so I asked if I could make one out of shop oddments. Here is the result. It's so much fun to knit, and goes quickly. I thought about Fair Isle for the stripes, but thought since it's going to be in the shop it's best to keep it simple. I like the result.
It's very sunny today and I've been on and off the computer since I
got home. I have to finish some Spring cleaning today. I'm bagging up things for Goodwill and Half Price Books, too.
Time to get to work!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Now you're ready for the opener! Please don't wear this the next time we meet for coffee. Can you picture us both sitting in Panera with these on our heads? They would arrest us.

Deborah said...

We could call it the Mother's Day Hat!

Margie said...

Hi Deborah, what a fantastic hat, and I can just imagine you and Kathy sitting together...ha ha...I am so glad it is spring too. Good luck with the Spring cleaning. hugs Margie.

Joanne said...

Ahhh, great hat! You look smashing in it, at the top of your blog.
Hmmmm, why not wear it out for coffee? You will always be remembered by the employees in the shop. :)