About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

6.2.09

Have a heart!

Today is the day to wear red as a reminder to take care of your heart health! With that in mind...I'm sending heartfelt wishes to you. Jim brought home red dress pins and bracelets for Angelika and for me to wear today.
The basket and heart are from a Fiber Trends pattern. They are quick and easy to knit. I felted
them in my kitchen sink. I have red and pink oddments left over from other shop projects, so this is a fun stash buster.
The Montauk is coming along quickly. I love how the yarn is knitting up. I'd picked out buttons last week and I thought I'd go with a favorite button of mine. I've used it before and you can see why I like it so much. I really like Kim Dolce's designs. They are simple, but stylish and when you pick the right yarn--well, it's knitting zen. St. B. was like that, too. I enjoyed knitting it and the yarn was like icing on the cake.
We're expecting temps in the 40s today, which is quite a change for us. It's been a long winter and I know it's not over. March is the second snowiest month up here. My car needs an oil change and wash today. I'm sure there will be a line, but I'll have knitting with me today.
Today is Friendship Friday at the shop, and Seamus will be my little guest.

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh, I like you felted heart! Such a great project. The buttons are wonderful too.
Hope you and Seamus had fun at the shop.

Margie said...

Hi Deborah, hope Friendship Friday went well, I imagine Seamus and yourself all cozy and chatting, getting to know one another, it is snowing here again, Leiny and I made a snowwoman today. hugs Margie.

Margie said...

I have awarded you at Margie's Crafts. hugs Margie

Joanne said...

Those buttons are fabulous and will look wonderful! Such a cute heart.