About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

18.2.09

Sunshine and fresh snow

It's sunny today and there's a bit of snow on the ground--just enough to cover the yukky stuff.
Today's my housework day--ugh! Not much to do, just not my favorite thing to do! I decided to re-knit the Noro scarf. It was just way too long for my height. I cast on more stitches, and decided to slip the first stitch as if to knit when I come back on the second row of color. It's a mistake stitch rib, which has nice texture and shows off the colors. Ribbing is a multiple of 4 + 1, *k2, p2, end p1*, repeat for every row.
I finished test-knitting Joanne's Peek a Boo Mitts and love them! They were easy and fast to knit. I wore them yesterday over a pair of plain, bright pink gloves. Getting the photo was tricky. I had the camera set up at the computer, and had to hit the mouse button and pose my hands before the click!
Time to get back to work so I can have some knitting time before bells tonight.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Housework! Blugh! I've been doing the same Cinderella deal here.

Your mitts are beautiful! Is Joanne hoping to get them published? You make as good of a hand model as George Costanza! Look out for the iron.

Joanne said...

Oh, your mitts look great! Thanks for helping me with the pattern.
Joanne