About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

1.8.07

Wednesday


I've just been browsing through the Jamboree photos the Scoutmaster posted today. It looks like the kids are having a blast.
I started the Penelope Blouse again--in the petite size. It's almost where it was in the photo, so I won't post a new one. The small was just going to be too BIG. You never can tell with that kind of pattern. I never heard from Oat Couture. I wrote to them asking about how the garment is supposed to fit and suggested that maybe they should show it on a real model and not a stick. Guess they didn't like that. I didn't have to take it completely out, as the bottom lace was okay. I'm psyching myself to re-visit the red cable sweater. I have to sit down and really decide if I need to take it apart (another project gone awry!). Angel called me and said the dot bag is done--I'm SO excited to see it. She needs a bit more time on the evil bag. I'm just grateful she can work with that disaster! When I figure out the red sweater, it'll be time for the green/brown/cream Lite Lopi cardigan, THEN I can work on making the gauge for the Alice Starmore sweater I bought yarn for a couple of years ago! Lots to do!!
Jim and I celebrated 31 years of marriage yesterday. We took a lunch cruise on the St. Croix. The darned camera wasn't charged, so we have no photos, though. We had fun anyway. It was terribly hot. The breeze felt good on the river. Later that evening we did get a pizza. We've never missed that!
The fridge is fixed and I got lots of fresh fruit among other groceries. I think I may have a cracked tooth because it was sore the day the guy fixed the fridge. The reason I mention this is because the noise from his working on it sounded like dental work MAGNIFIED for a few hours. I was miserable trying to ignore it by wearing earplugs and knitting. Didn't help. Glad that's over.


No comments: