About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

7.8.07

Must be Tuesday...or Wednesday


Boy, yesterday was a day of finishing. All the knitters in my class were finishing--picking up stitches and seaming. It was quiet, but I didn't sit down. Help night was the same. That's good, though. I like to see folks finishing projects and teaching them how to seam. It took me a long time to "get it." If they can learn proper technique early, they'll be happier with the project. The PB is going much better. I'm almost to the second decrease on the body. I decided to keep with the petite, but knit the length for the small. I think that will be a flattering fit over the "girls."
I couldn't resist the temptation of the Kaffe Fassett sock yarn as you can see by the photo. Oh, and the bamboo sock yarn, and my Germany sock yarn from last year. I needed something small to work on and all that yarn and the tiny needles fit in the dot bag!! How cool is that? Angel did a beautiful job on the finishing. It's such fun when she comes in and shows off all the bags. She also did a great job on the evil bag. The lining's green. I hung it up right away and Paula was happy with it. Whew!
Ben fired off an e-mail yesterday. He's fine, and will be home on SATURDAY!! He's been busy and by the photos we've seen, he's having a blast. He'll have lots of surprises--namely the Jeep and my going to Wood Badge training. Yup, I did it! I've wanted to do that for years. In 2003, when Mom broke her hip and the continuing chain of events over the past four years bogged me down, I knew it was time to finish what I started. I miss Scouts and felt such a sense of accomplishment when I finished training last year. My tickets involve scouting, community, and personal growth.
Wednesday--Starting off slowly today. Sinus headache! The PB is coming along. I'm now past the second decrease--AGAIN. I started my socks, but can't seem to get them going. I love the sock yarn, but getting past the first rows of ribbing is a challenge. I'm using "toothpicks."

No comments: