About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

19.11.13

SSK

Sit, Sip, and Knit...not only at the shop, but at home. I am knitting up samples for upcoming classes.  It is good to get past picking up stitches and reading charts at home so I can move along quickly to finishing projects by taking them along with me.  Getting the fiddly bits out of the way at home works well for me.  If I take something complicated to knitting group I would have to frog everything and do it over again.  We are a fun group, although not necessarily quiet!

Last week at SSK our table was knitting with purple!
The Ariana Shell is so beautiful.  The charcoal color has grown on me and since it is tweed, there are lovely little pops of color in the yarn.  It is joined in the round as of yesterday and I am working the stockinette portion of the body for 14-inches before the lace border at the bottom.  This is a well-written pattern and I like the simple construction that appears complicated.  I think it is a perfect class project choice.

Lace yoke is worked flat, ends are grafted together in a circle, and stitches are picked up on front and back.
One Valentine Mitt is complete and the second mitt is well on its way to the finish line.  The mitt in the photo is not blocked yet.  When I finish the second mitt I will block them at the same time.  another perfect class project perfect for learning how to read a chart, knitting in the round, etc.

Purled hearts on the Valentine's Mitts.

The final session for Monkey Jacobus is tomorrow.  I am at the monkey's bum.  This will be a gift for a little girl.  I think this little monkey needs to have a dress.
Little monkey is taking shape and the face appears more duck-like than monkey.  Once the muzzle is added, the personality begins to show.



3 comments:

Jen said...

That top really is a lovely knit ! I might have to consider it :)

Jen said...

That is a really seriously lovely top !

Deborah said...

Thank you, Jen. I can't wait to try it on and then it will be on display as a shop sample.