About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

15.6.12

Sum-sum-summertime projects

On Tuesday, I took a rug hooking class taught by Paulette Wentzlaff of River Rock Wool.  This is something I wanted to do for years and it was fun.  We are working on a small project and it is amazing how the same project looks different when worked by a variety of students.  Now that I have the tools, the fiber stash may not end up as knitted projects!  The wool is soft and when I switched to the comfortable hook--I was really hooked!  I see sheepy projects in the future.

I just love doing this project.  The focus seems to be on graceful
lines rather than even loops!  It will be steam blocked, so I am
hopeful the imperfections will not be as noticeable.  It is fun to work!
This week is all about preparing for the Wood Badge course coming up.  I am practicing my presentations, thinking about what I have to pack, etc.  This will be my first time as a staffer.  Having been on staff for Grey Wolf last summer helps my level of confidence a bit.  Deep breaths!  I know it will be an intensely busy week, but I will be sure to take a small project along.

Woody Bear is giving me tips for being a good Troop Guide.
New classes are on the schedule for the summer and I am making progress on my projects.  Some slower than others, but progress nonetheless.

A cute baby cardigan--Concentric Stripes, easy and quick knitting.

Working my way through the rainbow of Kauni colors.

A little progress on Eala Bahn.

There are a couple (more) books in my library.  I found Vintage Modern Knits at Half Price Books.  I do not feel guilty, as I regularly sift through my library and clear out books.  It is difficult, but if there is not room on the shelf then something has to go.
Knit One Knit All was a book under my radar.  The patterns are by Elizabeth Zimmerman and all garter stitch.  I think the garter stitch hat is quite nice and the little cabled cardigan is perfect for  a fun topper.  Oh, there are plenty of other patterns.  If there are at least three patterns in a book that appeal to me I can justify the purchase.


A floppy hat and cabled cardigan are just two of the patterns
I want to knit in the future.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I love the rug hooking project, you are doing a great job on it. Oh, and the hook is great! You will be a fabulous leader for the Woodbadge too.

Kathy said...

The rug hooking looks fun. I've always thought I'd like to try it myself. You'll have to show me the project the next time we get together.