About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

14.8.15

Adventure

Adventure is defined as a noun in the dictionary as:  1. an exciting or very unusual experience.  2. participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises: the spirit of adventure.  3. a bold, usually risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome.  4. a commercial or financial speculation of any kind; venture.  5.  Obsolete. a. peril; danger; risk.  b. chance; fortune; luck.

31.07.15 I love adventures whether small or large.  Today marks 39 years of marriage to my dear husband, Jim.  We grew up together as children in Ohio and started dating in college.  After four months we were engaged and then four months later we married.  I remember it well and would not change a thing!  We had a nice day and capped it off with friends at the baseball game.  
Somewhere in Germany, 1980s.





Earlier in July I spent two weeks at Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico for NAYLE.  I was one of the Assistant Course Directors.  The first week was staff development and then the second week the participants arrived.  It is always fun to experience Scouting at Philmont because of the people you meet from all over the country.  


My tent is to the far right.  Once I set it up, I found shade under a Pinion pine and napped.  

Stormy skies at Pinion Flats.  Urraca Mesa is to the right.



Staff going through the modules before participants arrive.

Pack line--my pack is in the front.  


Trekking back to Rayado Ridge.

Ohio was well-represented at week 2 NAYLE.

Stopping on the way up the mountain to take the arbitrary point photo.

I had my head down on the last leg of the climb because I did not want to see how much more I had to boulder to get to the top.  I noticed the marker and cheered--I made it!

One of the staffers brought a toothbrush up the Tooth of Time.


The sunflowers were in bloom at the base of the mountain.

Staff and participants getting to know each other.

Doorway to the gardens at the Villa.

A nice view of the Tooth of Time from the Villa.

Opening campfire songfest.

Every day the staff had a fun scene on the white board.

We had visitors at Rayado Ridge one day.

The stallion was beautiful--I kept my distance.  



This is an ongoing project in progress started in June--the Mitten Garland Advent Calendar by Kat Lewinsky of Just Crafty Enough.

I am fond of #5 and #7.  

No comments: