About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

19.8.15

Wednesday's projects done and undone

Between all the summer activities there have been plenty of projects to start and to finish.
Cruiser Mittens worked in one of Rowan's new yarns, Hemp Tweed.  I love this yarn!
It has nice drape , color and texture.  

The Mitten Advent Calendar continues.  I will have to be sure to take a photo of 1-9  when I go  to the shop later today.  

The Celtic Rowan Pillow is on the needles--lots of twists and turns with bobbles here and there.  This is the edging.  It was my first time short-rowing a corner with cabling.  This one is worked in James Brett Aztec, a blend of acrylic and alpaca.

The latest pattern from Sally Melville is the Universal Vest, my project is called the Univest.  I love that it is worked in garter stitch and has elements like the Einstein Coat from her book, The Knit Stitch.  the yarn is Rowan Pure Wool Worsted in Hawthorn, a dark blue-green heather with turquoise and red visible in the yarn.  
 The second of the Christmas presents from Jim was a rafting trip on the Kettle River, located in east central Minnesota.  The water was down a bit, so we were in two-person inflatable kayaks.  It was so much fun.  Jim only went in the drink once.  I was extra careful because of my eye, so I managed to stay glued into the kayak.  The scenery was beautiful with interesting rock formations all along the route.  The rapids on the river are rated from II-IV.  We did them all!  It was helpful to have the guides in front and behind the groups to point out the best route through the rapids.  Paddle, paddle, paddle!


Taking a break.

A large perfect hole in the rock with a view.



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

OK - we definitely need to go on a camping trip together! That looks like so much fun.

Joanne said...

Great Mittens! Will have to look up the vest pattern. The kayaking looked wonderful, such beautiful scenery!