About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

25.7.14

WIPs and UFOs

Ahhh, the never ending projects on the needles.  One hat is ready for beads (I waited for a bead hook to arrive), Greta is slow but sure on small needles, and the vest is progressing nicely.  Tangled is so close!  I finally finished weaving the ends in  and Shwook is blocked.
I have made more progress since the photo.  The yarn is really nice.

Shwook is a great slouchy hat and most likely my new favorite hat!


Now that I have a beading hook I can finish the beaded beret.

The front band has the turning ridge so I can add...

...a lovely red for the facing.
Soon we will be headed back to 87714--Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico.  I am excited to go on my first "official" trek.  I feel ready for the challenge of hiking at altitude.  My legs can go forever and the challenge is hiking at altitudes from Base Camp 6,696 feet above sea level to 9,003 feet on the Tooth of Time.

Ready to hike again.

The tin ceiling at the St. James Hotel in Cimarron.  Yes, those are bullet holes from the days of the wild west.

The Tooth of Time at Philmont.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I love your hat and all of your other projects! What is the beading hook like? Beautiful pictures!

Deborah said...

Thank you! The beading hook is just a small crochet hook.