About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

8.8.12

And now for something completely different...

The space next door to The Shepherdess opened up recently and Dawn has a space for classes.  I have one scheduled in October for Polymer Clay 101 with a focus on millefiori (caning) techniques.  Millefiori is a general term used for the techniques even though it means thousand flowers.  I dug out my samples and it is nice to know that the material has held up so well over the years.  The top photo is recent work and the bottom photo has the necklaces I made from scrap canes.  I love the Halloween necklace because the white beads  glow in the dark.

The ornament at the top is a slice from a complex cane,
and above the plain yellow button at the bottom is what
it looks like covered with a layer of clay slices.

The center necklace was made of scraps from my first canes.
The necklaces are good for showing off various caning techniques.

POLYMER CLAY 101

Polymer clay 101 is an introduction to millefiori techniques (caning). Students will learn how to make stripes, checkerboards, swirls, and marbleized canes, which can be sliced and used for beads, buttons, or whatever you wish. Once you know the basic techniques, you can unleash your own creativity!

Instructor: Deborah 
Date: Saturday, October 13
Time: 9 am to 12 pm
Cost: $45 (clay is included in the price)
Skill level: Beginner

CREATIVE SOULS is located in Anoka, Minnesota next door to The Shepherdess
2012 North Second Avenue
Anoka, MN 55303

1 comment:

Flutterby Patch said...

Fantastic! I really needed a shot of colour this morning and those beads did it for me. I adore millefiori so would love to give it a go. . . Very clever.