About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

18.8.11

Class descriptions

I have my September classes on the schedule at Shepherd's Choice.  Of course, Color and Cables (renamed Color and Texture) is coming back.  Color and Texture is for students wanting to take their knitting skills beyond the basics (cast-on, knit, purl, increase, decrease, and bind-off).  The class is four, two-hour sessions and students can choose their preferred projects and yarn.  Color techniques include stripes, stranding/Fair Isle, intarsia, and embellishing.  Texture techniques include knit and purl surface designs, cables, and lace.  Projects can be as simple as a washcloth or as complex as a sweater.  One of my favorite books is Folk Vests, by Cheryl Oberle.  The projects feature many knitting and construction techniques.  I have two more projects in progress, which will bring my FOs (finished objects) from this book to five!  Vests are wonderful garments.  They add punch to any outfit and are a staple for in my wardrobe.
Vintage knitting gnomes--I love the web site
Next on the schedule is Drop-Spindling.  This is a one, two-hour session introduction to spinning wool into yarn.  It is amazing what one can create with a spindle and some wool.  Spindles are wonderful tools, they are portable and the investment is small compared to a spinning wheel.  My new class offering is Finishing School, a three-session class for finishing those pesky UFOs--picking up stitches, Kitchener stitch, seaming, blocking...etc.  Check out class offerings at Shepherd's Choice.  Stop in the shop to sign up--hope to see you in class!

No comments: