About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

30.6.10

Ready--steady--GO! Oh dear, it's almost JULY!


16.06.10  For us summer is off and running this week.  Gery was a big hit when Jim took him down to camp.  The first Grey Wolf course is coming up, and then I have to make 90 bean bags for Wood Badge by Thursday.  I have the muslin ready.  Jim picked up pebbles (I say rocks)--much cheaper than beads or pellets.  Beans and such won't work because if/when they get wet they get nasty.  I'll be helping with the Friday feasts for five weeks.  Right now we have temps in the 70s with rain and naturally for the weekend it's supposed to be 85 and sunny.  Sunny is good, 85 not so good!
17.06.10  I had a nice surprise yesterday.  Jim went down to the MIA with me to pick up my painting.  The line was long, but the wait was fairly short.  We didn't have time to visit Hortense (Degas' painting on the third floor).  Jim took me out to lunch at a little Chinese restaurant close to REI in Roseville.  I had an egg roll salad with rice noodles and it was good.
I'm looking outside and it's windy and the sky is a gorgeous blue.  Eevee and I will have to go walkies later.  It looks like a nice day to sit outside and knit--after I clean out the cupboard with all Ben's old school supplies.  When the new countertop is installed, the counter will be cleared off!  That cupboard has a lot of storage room.
21.06.10  I can hear the workers outside today.  Our neighborhood roads are in the process of being repaved.  Messy business.  I'm glad we took walkies this morning.
Good news/bad news...the good news is that I started Wood Badge ticket #3 over the weekend.  It was fun to be at camp for the day and then spend the night.  One of the adult QM staffers roasted a 187-lb pig for the feast.  It was really good, although, I made sure to be at the other end for pulling off the meat.
28.06.10  Happy birthday, Tishie.  I miss you.
This is getting to be a long post.  I can't seem to finish before I go off to the next thing!  Ben surprised me with a visit for a couple of days last week.  I started work on the early Boy Scout shirt.  The pockets are on, next is the collar.  I altered a German jacket pattern and those are the toughest changes I made to the pattern.  Once I get the collar on, the rest should be easy (famous last words).
It was an eventful week good and bad.  The only bad I'll go into is that I'm going to teach my last pick a project class today.  Business has been slow and I will be laid off.  They are hoping business picks up in the fall, but in this economy that may be wishful thinking.  I have a spinning class in July, which I hope will go.  I have much to think about.  Maybe I'll get those last 4 nights of camping in after all to finish  ticket #4!
The rain just came down in buckets for the Friday Feast at camp.  It didn't drown our spirits.  We served the meal under the dining flies and the boys were very appreciative.  Phyllis and I stayed up until 2:30 am finishing dishes and mopping the QM so the guys could have a break in the morning.  Such a nice group of kids and adults.
29.06.10 What a gorgeous summery day!  Mom and I went up to Anoka and enjoyed lunch outside on the patio at Billy's.  We walked around town and then stopped at the Dessert Cafe for a treat.  We split a piece of carrot cake in honor of Tishie's birthday (yesterday).  We miss her so much, but we enjoyed the lovely day she sent us!
30.06.10  Today after an appointment I went to Half Price Books.  It's always fun to look for treasures and today I got lucky.  It's from 1991 and has lovely, classic projects in it.  I really love the British designers.  When I picked up the needles again in 1983, little did I know that we would be going back to Germany.  Many European and American designers were just getting started and the available yarns and patterns were amazing!  I was in the right place at the right time.
Other photos:  pretty flowers (I switch out my paintings with the seasons), my summer cardigan (mindless knitting), a busy little spider (that reminds me--the Tour de Fleece will begin soon!), I'm re-newing and re-using old furniture (this is for Ben's books) with a coat of paint.



1 comment:

Kathy said...

Happy July! It sounds like your summer is flying by as quickly as ours is. Sorry to hear about getting laid off. Hopefully, it will only be for a short time.

See you soon.