About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

30.12.09

Something for the new year


It's almost time to say goodbye to 2009 and the decade.  I think I'm ready.  This has been a decade of much sorrow and happiness, changes good and bad for me and  for my family.  It was a bumpy ride, but we're still here and I'm looking forward to a new year and the beginning of a new decade!  As EZ once said, "Knit on with confidence and hope through all crises," and that's exactly what I've done!
Winter has settled in and in an effort (notice I said EFFORT) to reduce the stash, I've been wanting to make something with my oddments of wool and found the perfect project in Color by Kristin.  Her work is bright and cheery and she's been one of my favorite designers for years.  I'm making a shop sample of the Extra-Long Scarf for Extra-Cold Days.  Kristin used double-pointed needles, but I have some short Clover circulars and they're perfect for this project.  Because I have no issues with tension when I work Fair Isle, I'm not changing needle size when I get to the color work.  Any time I work Fair Isle it goes quickly because I can't wait to see the next color combination and patternChoosing colors wasn't an issue, just about anything will work together.  I particularly like the way red and orange play off each other and rather than black for the ridges, I chose brown.  Kristin chooses a palette much like I do for painting.  Normally I don't use black--instead I mix my black, which makes the color richer and more interesting. 
I wish you all a very Happy New Year, may your knitting be fun with little or no frogging, your pattern have no errors (that's a big one!), and all your knits fit!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy New Year!

Love the color combos. Knit faster. You need it this morning when it's -20 degrees! And we live here because...? Heading south soon.

Joanne said...

What a gorgeous scarf. Your color combinations are fabulous, as always.

Kristin Nicholas said...

Beautiful - like your colors so much!

Deborah said...

Thank you all for the nice comments!!