About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

20.7.09

Fab felting class, an FO, a great gift from across the pond, and an award!

It was quite a busy weekend! I'd not been to the shop for Friendship Friday for a few weeks and it was nice to see everybody and my lovely gifts from Margie arrived on Friday! I was so excited to receive a Cath Kidston bag along with three skeins of authentic Aran wool and a lovely card. IThank you, Margie! 'm using the bag already for my small WIP, a test knit for Joanne. Thanks for asking me to do this for you, Joanne. I'll post photos when I've made more progress.

The Mystery Bag is finished. Now off to be with Angel for the lining. I found some wonderful Kaffe Fassett fabric at Fat Quarter two doors down from the shop when I went to work yesterday. I think it's perfect!
Before class our group met at Starbucks and Dawn showed up with Sock Monkey from the shop. Kris is almost finished with the Alan Dart pirate (it's a gift for a co-worker), and we were quite the sight! I'm enjoying that time before class with friends--the fun just continues when we get to the shop for class. I think we all had frogging syndrome yesterday. Everyone seemed to have to frog back the knitting, but as usual, we managed to have lots of fun in spite of the snafus!
Margie awarded me a fun award that involves sharing seven facts about yourself and passing it on to seven others. I like how she did hers with photos and I need to charge up my camera and work on that...

3 comments:

Joanne said...

What wonderful gifts! Also, I dooooo love that bag. I have started my handles.

Margie said...

Deborah, your own bag is really beautiful, I think you are a wonderful crafter and artist, lovely work. Your photo of the gifts I sent you looks great, and I am so glad you like them. Your sessions sound great, the idea of meeting at starbucks seems so wonderful to me, and all the creativity shared must be inspiring. Good luck with the photos for the award. I am looking forward to seeing and reading your post.Hugs, Margie.

Margie said...

Hi Deborah, how are you? I missed visiting your blog. Hugs, Margie.