About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

15.9.13

Yorick looks good

Friday was a lovely day.  I had a meeting in White Bear Lake, so a stop at Sheepy Yarn Shop was in order.  It was meant to be, as I got a parking spot in front of the shop!
I finished Yorick on Saturday.  The project was quick to knit with worsted weight yarn and size US6/10mm needles.  My scarf came out just as I wanted, 60-inches long and 3.5-inches wide.  The fabric is not at all bulky and the size is perfect.  It looked more like a snake before fulling.  Fulling by hand was easy and controllable.  The scarf is worked in stockinette stitch and the edges curl toward the purl side.  After fulling, the slight curl becomes a neat edge on the backside of the scarf, which I like.  The weather is cooling down, so this will be a  nice accessory to wear when there is a chill in the air.
Fall is in the air--sweater weather almost here!

The facial features are created with shaped increases and decreases.

Yorick appears to look more
like a snake at this point.

Yorick is ready for his close-up.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Phew! Glad that you fulled Yorick! I couldn't bare seeing you wear a snake....too close to home, if you know what I mean. :)