About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

13.8.13

Wrapping up summer

Even though summer has not ended, I am getting ready for autumn.  The next couple of weeks will be very busy, as Wood Badge is approaching and the Quartermasters will be cooking up some good food and entertainment for the participants.
My schedule is in the works for September through March and now I can look forward to April through August 2014.  For now I am working on shop samples.  The big project is the Pine Bough Cowl, which will be a 72-inch loop of stranded goodness in Kenzie by Hikoo.  The yarn is beautiful and even though the color palette is limited, the colors available are gorgeous. The original combo of blue and kiwi is perfect for the sample.


The cowl will be on the needles for a bit--right now it seems endless.  for instant gratification I whipped up a hat from Berroco called Fane.  It is a free pattern and worked in Boboli Lace, which is really sport weight yarn.  Despite the fine yarn and small needles, I had this finished in a couple of evenings.  This is a perfect small project for a new knitter--knit flat, seamed, stockinette stitch/garter stitch pattern, and ribbing.  Practice those new skills!


13.08.13  Wood Badge is on my mind today.  The QM staff got together over the weekend to begin preparing and organizing some of the things we can do ahead of the course.  Work weekend is approaching and will be a busy time for us to get the kitchen set up.  I am looking forward to course--the clock is ticking down!  We met the participants the end of July at orientation.  The staff development and team-building started in January seems like yesterday.  
Speaking of Wood Badge and being of the Bear Patrol--One of the participants is a Scout friend and talented beading artist.  I ordered a bear necklace and Iona had it ready for me the end of the Round Table year in June.  It is a special piece and one I treasure.


No comments: