About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

28.8.13

Busy hands

My hands have been very busy lately.  Over the weekend I chopped pounds and pounds of vegetables, fruit, and bread for Wood Badge weekend one.  We had nice weather until Sunday.  The heat index ended up at 105 degrees, which made cooking in the small kitchen difficult.  We Quartermasters managed and everyone was well-fed three meals a day for the long weekend.
Pat practices her lines to welcome participants to the dining hall.

Carl washed more dishes than anyone I have known, made sure the
coffee was brewed first thing in the morning, and the snacks were ready.

This is twenty pounds of red potatoes ready for German potato salad.

Being a Quartermaster is hard work, but there is a time for silliness and fun.  

Since coming home, I have been busy knitting samples for the shop event on Thursday.  The latest project is Circlet, which is an adorable little crown.  It is sized for babies to adults and a quick project to make.  I used the leftover yarn from some booties.  Humpty looks dapper and until I take it to work, he can wear it.  An adult size is currently in progress.


The laundry is finished and Busy Bee will be back in the kitchen again and I will be teaching new classes in September.
Pat had chef's hats and aprons made for us.  We picked our nicknames.  

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Looks like you're having fun. That's the only way to go when you have to make it through these warm days.

Way to rise to the occasion!