About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

27.2.13

Coming Atttractions!

I am catching up my calendar and adding in the classes and events through August.  Another wave of Groupons is out and I also have some classes on the calendar that should appeal to new and experienced knitters alike.

My computer is now at Ben's computer desk, Grandma's desk is upstairs, my drawing table is in my new space, and now it is time to divide and conquer the tubs!  Ben's stuff vs my stuff.  Going through things is time-consuming, but necessary.  I am doing it a bit backwards, as I did not paint the ceiling first.  The walls are in good shape and I can live with the small divots in the ceiling where the stars were stuck. Today I will work on transferring what's left in Ben's closet to the other room and my art supplies to the new space.  This should be interesting...

27.02.13  I am making good progress on the transfer.  Having the paper bin, a trash can, and bin for charity knitting yarn has been helpful.  My goodness!  I found needles, markers, my extra scissors, and the ever-elusive tape measure and extra scissors!  Jim will be happy to know the lidded ottoman is empty!  At least four tubs are empty, too!  Yea--progress is a good thing.

I received some good news yesterday...one of my hat patterns will be featured in the new edition of 60 Quick Knits from America's Yarn Shops.  I will be making two baby-sized samples and should receive the yarn within a week.  (Picture me doing the happy dance!)

My classes coming up at Amazing Threads:

Felted Wooly Eggs--Easy Plus
Sundays, March 3 & 10
12-2 pm
$28 plus supplies

It's Your Choice (pick your own project)--Easy Plus
Wednesdays, March 13, 20 & 27
6-8 pm
$36 plus supplies

Countess Mitts--Easy Plus
Wednesdays, April 10, 17 & 24
6-8 pm
$42 plus supplies

Gaugeless Hat--Easy Plus
Mondays, May 6, 13 & 20
3-5 pm
$42 plus supplies

First M√∂bius--Easy Plus
Mondays, May 6, 13 & 20
6-8 pm
$40 plus pattern download or book, A Second Treasury of Magical Knitting, by Cat Bordhi

Take It From The Top Vest  (Pick a vest from Ann Budd's book, The Knitter's Handy Book of Top-Down Sweaters--Easy Plus
Wednesdays, May 8, 15, 22 & 29
6-8 pm
$40 plus book


Urchin--Easy Plus
Wednesdays, May 22 & 29
3-5 pm
$28 plus pattern download and supplies


Take It From The Top Sweater  (Pick a cardigan or pullover from Ann Budd's book, The Knitter's Handy Book of Top-Down Sweaters--Easy Plus
Tuesdays, June 4, 11 & 18
4-6 pm
$42 plus book


Hats, Mittens, or Slippers? (Accessories from Knit One Knit All, Elizabeth Zimmerman's Garter Stitch Designs)--Easy Plus to Intermediate
Fridays, June 14, 21 & 28
1-3 pm
$42 plus book

Felted Needle Cozies--Easy Plus
Thursdays, May 16 & 23
4-6 pm
$40 plus pattern download or book, A Second Treasury of Magical Knitting, by Cat Bordhi 

You can register for class by calling 763.391.7700 
or online at www.amazing-threads.com.


My current project is a fun hat in tweed yarn from Skacel--the Tayberry  Hat.  HiKoo's Kenzie yarn is a luscious blend of New Zeland merino wool, nylon, angora, alpaca, and silk noils.  The two-color star stitch is fun to knit and has interesting texture.  Best of all, only one color is worked at a time--two rows of the main color and two rows of the contrast color.  It looks like hounds tooth check.  Love it!  I hope Bobbi gets some of the yarn, as it feels wonderful, soft, and light in my hands and it is tweed!



Happy knitting! X





No comments: