About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

22.11.12

Happy Thanksgiving

Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving.  I have the stuffing ready, the pie baked, the green bean casserole done, some sweet potatoes ready, and tomorrow morning the turkey will go in the roaster and I have to fix the mashed potatoes and the vegetables.  We are having company tomorrow and it will be nice to share a most American tradition with our visitors from India.
In keeping with the holiday, I found a couple of postcards from a website that features vintage postcard images.

Now, you cannot get much more American than this image!
Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be our national bird.
I just noticed the two birds are shaking feet!

The setting for this meal looks very cozy.  I wonder what is in the pot?

The trusting turkey follows the lovely lady away from the farmyard.
I hate to say it, but I believe she does not have good intentions,
as she has a slightly sinister expression on her face...
perhaps her companion is on the table as the main course in the postcard above?

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Maybe there is apple cider in the pot? One can always hope. :-) Your dinner sounds yummy and love the cards!