About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

26.5.11

Books and such

I ordered a couple of books and they came yesterday!  One is by Jade Starmore, and the other is from Rowan.  Lots of lovely projects to knit and wonderful inspiration.
The past couple of weeks have been interesting in terms of weather.  We were lucky to dodge the damaging winds that hit above and below us.  Recently, there were some amazing cloud formations and I could not resist taking photos until the sun set.
Looking west
Right now I am making a simple, neck-down, short-sleeved cardigan for summer.  You would think that I could knock it out in just a few days, but for some reason (inattention?) I had to keep frogging it.  Now I am on the right track and ready to work the sleeves.  To add a new skein, I did a Russian join, which worked nicely.  I whipped the  end of the yarn on either end so the threads are not noticeable.  In the meantime, it is time to decide what project to do next.  I believe I found a good pattern for the Shepherd's Choice yarn.  Other possibilities for the stash are Amaryllis or Wild Saffron from the Purelife Autumn book.   In the stash:  18 skeins of Kathmandu Aran Tweed and 14 skeins of Classic Elite Skye Tweed.  I will have to check yardage--especially with the Aranmor near disaster!

No comments: