About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

28.12.10

Snowshoeing toward 2011


We took presents and dessert over to my Mom's yesterday.  She was ready to turn off her tree lights!  My brother called as we walked in and it was good to talk to him and niece Mariana, too.
Ben looking very north-woodsy.
Me in the quicksand snow!
Jim poses like Captain Morgan.
The snow was so deep, just like quicksand!  I had to let Jim and Ben be the trailblazers. I managed to break into a run, but took a face plant in the snow.  It was funny.  I felt like Randy from "A Christmas Story" trying to get up!  There were a few skiers out and we saw a doe and two fawns.  It is a quiet and beautiful place in the winter.  We had the rouladen cooking in the crock pot all afternoon and we were ready for Christmas supper when we got home.

3 comments:

Margie said...

Oh Deborah, the photos look great, I love your sense of adventure, that snow is very deep indeed. Hope the rouladen hit the spot after all that spent energy. Happy New Year. big hugs, Margie.

Joanne said...

Sure looks like fun!

Flutterby Patch said...

Hi Deborah, thanks for popping in. Your snow looks a whole lot better and more fun than ours. I must admit that climbing wall you tackled recently looked very challenging, my legs shook just looking at your pics.