About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

14.12.10

Ornaments

I picked up the needles again to make some more ornaments.  I was digging around and found a vintage reindeer chart.  It worked well for a knitted ornament.  
10.12.10  Gosh, time is whizzing by this month!  Now we've had the tree up since Sunday, and it's lovely despite no adornment!  I worked very hard on my schedule for my new classes.  I think we have good ones coming up!
14.12.10  This is becoming a long post!  We have the tree up and some decorations around the house.  Unfortunately, the house is a disaster.  It looks like a wrapping paper/yarn bomb went off.  I'll finish up the boxes to send tomorrow and then I can get things cleaned up before Ben comes home.  We will bake cookies this weekend.  
We had one of the top five snowfalls in Minnesota history last Saturday.  It was something!  The wind turned it into a blizzard.  Jim made paths for Eevee to use in the yard.  I shoveled a path for her on the deck and cleared the steps.
 Today was my day with my mother.  We went out to lunch.  I bundled her up and she loved seeing all the snow.  At 94, she just loves getting out and about.  Christmas music was playing in the restaurant.  When we went to the restroom, we sang "Winter Wonderland."  She forgot the words, but sang la-las with gusto!  We sang all the way back to her place and she was able to join in on the baking activity.  

4 comments:

mangocheeks said...

Absolutely gorgeous and so much more superior than those shop bought ones. I absolutely adore the reindeer one.

Deborah said...

Thank you! They are fun to make and each one is unique. I like the reindeer, too.

Kathy said...

Very cute! The reindeer one is my favorite too.

I got my wrapping paper bomb cleaned up this afternoon. No baking for me. Only melting.

Merry Christmas!

Deborah said...

Chocolate goodness?