About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

2.10.16

Twill

At last I am weaving on the floor loom!  The weft yarn took some time to arrive, which gave me plenty of time to work through learning how to prepare the warp and thread the loom.  There was a problem with a couple of warp threads breaking on the far left side caused by the old tape on the reed rubbing against the yarn.  After fixing the second strand, Kathryn helped me unbolt the bar holding the reed and we were able to lift the reed high enough to remove the old tape.  I now have 50-inches of fabric woven and no problems!  The fabric is lovely and I cannot wait to wash and brush the fabric!  When this project is finished I will work on cleaning the dried tape residue left on reed's wood and re-tape.  I ordered a couple of ski shuttles and a boat shuttle.


Recently we did the Urban Adventure in the cities with the crew.  It's a photo scavenger hunt in Minneapolis and St. Paul, using public transportation to get around.  We stopped in downtown Minneapolis and I couldn't resist tossing my hat like Mary.  Jim barely had time to take the photo and we were surprised that I nailed it!  
     
Perfect hat toss, ending up at Mary's fingertips!

No comments: