About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

11.1.16

WIP Wipeout 2016

Okay, it's time to clear the needles, use up the yarn stash,  and spin down the fiber stash.  I have been downsizing and that includes not just the stuff in drawers/closets/basement/garage, but also the art/fiber art materials.  This year is the year of whipping the personal WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects) done.  It is easy to let those projects go because I do sample knitting for the shop and occasional sample knitting for Blue Sky Alpacas and test knitting. 

For the shop I have the Celtic Rowan Pillow on the needles.  It is the first time I have turned corners while cabling using short rows.  Once the knitting progresses it becomes easy to keep the momentum going.  Pictured is the border that will go around the central motif.  Thankfully the back of the pillow is plain!  The yarn is Aztec by James C. Brett, a good choice for this project in an acrylic/alpaca blend that is machine washable (no dryer, though!) and the stitch definition is pretty good.  Also on the needles is an Arne and Carlos doll for which I have no photos.  It is a fun, fiddly project to knit and the clothes are really cute.  She will be finished soon.  The next project is for a cardigan with new yarn from Rowan, Softyak DK.  It is so new that it is not on Ravelry as of this post.  That project has to be ready for yarn tasting in March.

Tori, of Torirot's Stitches needed test knitters for her English version of  Pysje mæ alt and I did not hesitate to take the opportunity to knit a pair using Ella Rae Sport from my stash--the first stash down project of the new year.  Her patterns are very well written and easy to follow.  I like the options for the bands between the stranded sections and mixing up the colors for a mismatched pair is a fun touch.  I will miss  o{]:-(  this yarn from my stash because it  is wonderfully woolly, light and lofty and is perfect for stranded color work.  The colors are heathery and coordinate nicely together.  When the yarn was clearanced at the shop I bought enough to make the Angry Sheep cardigan.  

I will be posting my progression through wipeout projects here and on Revelry throughout the year...there I said it...now I have to hold myself to it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always you are inspirational! Looking forward to,seeing all your FO.

Putzycrafter

Deborah said...

Thank you!

Joanne said...

Wonderful!!! I like your WIP Wipeout idea!!! I have been doing similar, starting last fall. Then ended up buying yarn for Christmas but am back to it. Your mittens are beautiful! The pillow front, wow! That is going to be gorgeous, I have never turned a corner while cabling and cannot imagine how to do it.