About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

2.9.14

WIP Monday

I figure if I post this it will get finished.  Tangled (my name for it because of the yarn--the pattern is Kasuri Chanchanko) is finally back on the needles and in the last stages of finishing.  Once I finish the last seven rows of the inner font band/collar of the vest the armholes will be easy.
To the right of the red section is the purl ridge for turning.  I have to get the curled edge under control before I sew the band to the inside.

Greta is coming along.  The sleeves are ready and I cast on the 231 stitches for the body.  The K1 P1 rib is slow going with size US 2 needles.  I have three more rows of ribbing before I can go up to the size US 3 needles and work the stockinette stitch body.
Sleeves and the endless 1 by 1 rib on size 2's!  The yarn, Rowan Finest, is a dream to work with and the sweater will be gorgeous when it is finished.

Yesterday I cast on for the Timber Mittens.  Plymouth Homestead is a lovely wool yarn.  I chose gray, dark green, and light green for the sample.  The loop stitch is fun to work and when the mitten is finished it will get a haircut.  Buff mittens were worn by loggers and teamsters in the Adirondacks, Canada, and New England.
I took the mitten to knitting group today and now the mitten is ready for the thumb.    I think these would be great as sheep mittens!





1 comment:

Joanne said...

I always love seeing your projects! Will you be able to wear the super warm mittens or are they shop samples? Hope you get to wear them.