About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States

16.5.12

Shepherd's Harvest and big honkin' needles

Last weekend my friend, Kathy (purplekathy on Ravelry), and I went to Shepherd's Harvest and came away with goodies.  It was fun to browse the booths and visit the sheep.  I found some lovely roving.  I have a giant bobbin full (8 oz) of tweedy yarn plied and ready to wash.  This is the yarn I want for the Bláithín cardigan.  I have to wait and see how much yardage I have when it is all spun and plied.  Fingers crossed! The other roving is from Jacob sheep, dark and light.  The dark wool was carded inside the light wool.  It will be interesting to see how much of the dark I want to show depending upon how I  spin it.
Of course, it is not Shepherd's Harvest without the sheep.  Lincoln Longwool to Baby Doll cuteness.  It is amazing to me how much variety there is with sheep and their woolly coats.  
After Kathy and I left the festival and ate lunch, it was time to check out Lila and Claudine's yarn shop.  It is a visual party!  Color, texture, and just plain fun to see.  I was a very good girl by leaving without any new yarn.  I am determined to slash the stash at home. 
...and now for some photos from the weekend...

Trying the electric spinner.  It was pretty cool, although I believe there are enough
electrical devices in the house and I do not want to be plugged in when I spin.
The little sheep on the right was snacking on the larger sheep.
Precious expressions.
Jacob sheep.  This was a particularly pretty one
she was laid back an looking good.
Mamas and lambs.  A perfect picture for Mother's Day weekend.
Curly top with a pretty white fleece.
Close up of a gray Lincoln.  The sheep was huge and this was a
nice fleece, light outside and darker inside.  
Baa baa black sheep I don't thin you have enough wool--yet!
Little sheep--I think these were adorable and just
right for cuddling.
Lila and Claudine's--big honkin' needles!
We just had to get photos with those needles!
...every nook
...and cranny
...had something
...interesting and fun to see!
Jacob roving
Walnut shell buttons.  This booth also had
beautifully crafted needles.
The roving I was on a mission to find.  The cookie was promptly
devoured after this photo was taken.
A giant bobbin full (8 oz) of yarn!  Now to wash, dry, and count yardage!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Your new handspun yarn is gorgeous! The huge knitting needles were great, too! Glad you had a fun time. :) Oh, and that sweater pattern is wonderful.